What are properties of tungsten alloy gamma ray shielding material? The properties of tungsten alloy gamma ray shielding materials is mainly shown as following as:
More details, please visit:
1. High density, the highest density can reach 18.8g/cm3;
2. Strong γ-ray shielding performance, with the same thickness, the shielding capacity of the tungsten alloy shields is more than 1.7 times that of the lead shields; Moreover, the ability of the two shielding materials to shield γ-rays becomes stronger when the rays are stronger; and when strong, the gap becomes more obvious;
3. No secondary bremsstrahlung;
4. High tensile strength, 700-100Mpa;
5. Small thermal expansion coefficient, only 1/2-1/3 of iron or steel;
6. Good shaping, workability and weldability;
7. Large thermal conductivity, 5 times that of mold steel;
8. Environmental protection, and no harm to human safety, etc.
And it is these properties that make tungsten alloy gamma ray shielding materials have a wide application in medical fields.